Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ) Level 6
The BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology, delivered by NCC Education Accredited Partner Centres and awarded by the University of Greenwich, has been designed to prepare students for employment in the IT sector. This qualification provides students with the required theoretical knowledge and practical skills to be able to apply information technology to a real business environment.
- NCC Education International Advanced Diploma in Computer Studies (IADCS)
- NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Computing (RQF) (L5DC)
- NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Business Information Technology (RQF) (L5DBIT)
- Equivalent qualification agreed in advance by the University of Greenwich and NCC Education.
This 120 credits qualification gives students both the theoretical, practice and application skills of applying information technology in the real business environment:
- Manage Information Systems constructively – learn how to effectively support the different functions of an organisation through its information systems.
- Differentiate your eCommerce skills – analyse the processes and practices involved for conducting business on the internet whilst developing trusted systems for organisations and regulatory bodies.
- Enhance database design skills for employment – increase knowledgebase for modelling techniques to develop databases within an organisation.
- Enhance research and development skills – students prove they can both successfully research and create a development project that can be applied in the workplace or for postgraduate study.
Students will cover seven units comprising four core and three additional units from a choice of seven. These are:
- Development, Frameworks and Methods
- Information Requirements Analysis
- Enterprise Web Software Analysis
- Information Technology Planning
- User Interface Design
- Database Engineering
- Information Systems Management
- Interaction Design
- Database Management & Administration